Hello there! This here is my little blog, a place of bookish ramblings and the occasional poetic thought. I strive to write with a beauty that speaks of the Truth – the Truth that is my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
“Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.”
A wee bit about myself:
- Favorite Drinks – Chai Lattes, Vanilla Lattes, Thai Tea, Iced Coffees, anything milky and sweet with a hint of coffee
- Favorite Movies – The Last of the Mohicans, The Tree of Life, Testament of Youth
- Favorite Book – War and Peace (I know, I know. It’s weird. But I love it and it’s most definitely worth the long read.)
- Favorite Place to Be – My bedroom; somewhere that smells like fresh coffee and new books; the library; hole in the wall bookstores; coffee shops; amidst wildflowers and pine trees
- If I Could Go Anywhere in the World – St. Petersburg, Paris, French Countryside, Moscow, Iceland, England, South Africa, Israel, Austria, Europe
- Coffee or Tea – I prefer coffee, but I like tea too
- Dislikes – anything shallow, math, chemistry (long story, but basically I took a horrible class and any ounce of liking for chemistry was extinguished), rap music (with the exception of Hamilton, but I’m not quite sure if that counts), unnecessary artificial light (ew. God gave us the sun for a reason), unaesthetically pleasing book covers (if you wrote something good, please make your cover as pretty as your writing), things that have no purpose – wow that list got long
I’m an aspiring author but a full time student, so not all you see here may be as polished as I’d like it to be. I love writing stories (but alas, I don’t have much time to dedicate to them) – vignettes, short stories, novels. I have one finished novel that sits, rather neglected at the moment, waiting to be edited. Poems are also a favorite of mine, but I have to confess there’re much better poets than myself. But I hope that my writing touches somebody, and lights their darkness. After all, what is the point of writing if we do not let others know that they are not alone?
Unless otherwise stated, all pieces here are mine.
“Always be a poet, even in prose.”
Thoughts on Stories
I’m passionate about stories, in all their forms – plays, books, movies, musicals, etc. I believe that stories convey emotion, truth, thought in a way that words alone cannot. Stories, and words, are important because they reveal something to us. What these reveal to us, changes us, for better or for worse, making it of the utmost importance we understand what we fill our minds with.
Favorite Blogs/Christian Pages
- The Gospel Coalition
- The Rabbit Room
- An Attempt to Be Classic
- Sincerely Bri
- Wonderland Creek
- The Storybook Journal
- A Glimpse of Starlight
- The Artful Author
- The Wanderer
- Meanwhile in Rivendell
- Coffee, Classics, and Craziness
“As long as there is life, there is happiness. There is much, much still to come.
War and Peace, Leo Tolstoy