Hello everyone! As some of you may have seen, the Liebster Award has been given to a few blogs, and a friend of mine has nominated me!
Before we start, I’ll lay out the rules.
1. Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 blogs.
5. Notify those blogs of their nomination.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.
Now, onto the questions!
Do you like your name? If you could change it, what would you change it to?
I do like my name, (but I won’t share because the internet is a little scary), and I’ve never had a problem with it. But if I had to change my name I think I’d change it to Madeline or Juliet because I love those names. If I ever have little girls, that’s what I’m naming them.
Favorite mythological creature?
Hmm, I haven’t thought too hard about this before. Probably a pegasus because of Fledge from The Magician’s Nephew.
What’s your favorite time of day and why?
I love love love mornings, (I know that’s weird.) dislike the afternoon, and enjoy the evening.
Ack! This is hard! Can I choose more than one? I think I will. My favorites are Charlotte Brontë and Lynn Austen.
What’s the color that would best describe you? (Interpret as you will)
This is difficult… my favorite colors are pastels, but I don’t think those describe me well. Maybe red because it can be very intense but also soft when it’s watered down. Sometimes I get really passionate or worked up, but I’m not like that all the time.
Can you speak another language?
Not fluently, but I’m learning Russian. (Long story, I’ll tell it one day. And no I’m not Russian. You have no idea how many times I’ve been asked that question.)
What would be your “spirit animal?”
I have no idea.
What’s the longest book you’ve ever read?
Well, I have about 150 pages left of Les Miserables which is like 1,000 pages. So I can safely say this will be the longest book I’ve read.
Do you believe in love at first sight?
Absolutely. It definitely is rare, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen. I do think that most of the time falling in love happens over a period of time, not one moment. “Gradually and then suddenly.” (Ernest Hemingway) Some people just know when they see that one special person.
What song best describes you?
I’m not sure. I listen to a lot of instrumental music. But instrumental music often conveys more than words ever could. With that being said, the two songs that best describe me are Awaken from Jane Eyre (2011) by Dario Marinelli, and Dawn from Pride and Prejudice (2005) also by Dario Marinelli.
And finally, what’s your favorite breakfast food?
French toast. I mean, you can put anything on it, okay well not anything, but berries, nuts, powdered sugar… yum yum yum.
All right, since those are all answered, we’ll move on to the next part.
11 facts about myself:
- I hated enchiladas when I was little. They were the one meal my mom let me skip and eat something else.
- It’s rather odd, but I adore classic literature. Actually, it’s really weird, but I desperately want to get my hands on a copy of War and Peace right now.
- My bedroom is overflowing with books. There’s legit no more space for new ones… and a quarter of them are already in the attic.
- Tito, my cat (an adorable orange and white taffy), hates me. He literally has tried to murder me. Ask my parents. (It may be because I turned the shower on him… hey it was in self-defense.)
- I’m the oldest sibling in my family.
- (Only six? I have to think of five more???) I have another rather odd infatuation with movie soundtracks. (You’ll notice I have a lot of odd obsessions.) Not just the classic ones like Star Wars, but all kinds. You can check out my Spotify if you want to see. (username: shelbido1)
- I’m also a little obsessed with musicals right now. Les Miserables; Phantom of the Opera; Fiddler on the Roof; Little Women; Anastasia; Natasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812 (that one is rather odd, but the message is beautiful)… etc. I especially love Anastasia. (Maybe I’ll do a musicals post…)
- My room has turquoise walls.
- I used to be absolutely petrified of dogs.
- I have a growing mug collection. (Another blog post.)
- I have a thing for sweaters and cardigans.
Eleven questions for the nominees:
- Favorite book?
- What type of music do you find yourself listening to most?
- If you had to live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Have any siblings? How many?
- What color is your bedroom?
- Do you like road trips? Or not so much?
- Is there any food you will not eat for anything?
- What are your hobbies?
- Favorite movie?
- Favorite musical? If you have one.
- Favorite/usual coffee drink? It can be a tea if your not a coffee person.
You both have amazing blogs and deserve this award!
There you have it!